Mongolian Statue Restored

Inspection revealed that the damage and loss to the crown region was likely from an older accident, and not the recent shipping misfortune–we found epoxy in the broken pieces. By shaping Milliput we rebuilt the lost portions, and then add matching clays and coloring pigments once it hardened. For the eruption that occurred in the blue, sky region, we discovered the culprit was an underlying screw. We were able to pull that whole area up, repair it, and then match it with color.

beforeandafter

beforeandafter_screw

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.